The CELTA class is over. I passed, if anyone was feeling the suspense. I went out on a good note, with significantly less anxiety affecting my performance in my last lesson.
The students in our teaching practice class took us to a beautiful restaurant in a park to celebrate on Friday (see above, some of my CELTA classmates and 2 students). I got to eat the most enormous snails I've ever seen in person. I didn't even have to drown them in butter like I do with escargot.
I am still in the midst of my post-CELTA celebration. I spent yesterday at a spa/pool in District 7-- it only costs 110,000 VND to hang out all day-- nursing a hangover from Friday night. I got sushi in the most creepily-empty plaza I've ever seen. Right now, I am supposed to be packing to go to Vung Tau, a beach a few hours away. My lovely world-traveler friend, Jo, made the bookings, I just have to show up at the ferry.
When I get back, I need to get a job, get an apartment, get some Crocs, find a yoga studio, find an esthetician, find a hoop practice space, get a better brick charger so I can play Pokemon Go for longer, and figure out what I am doing with my life... probably in that order. I've been in vacation mode until now, even in the midst of the CELTA training. I wish I had the funds to stay in vacation mode forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment