I started off this blog planning on writing in it once a week. At first, this seemed doable. I was experiencing lots of new things all the time, I still had the comparison of living in the United States fresh in my mind and I had a TON of time.
Now, writing about life here seems a little boring. For instance, if back in Philly, I wrote about going to work as a paralegal all day and then a hostess at a bar at night and then dressing up like a weirdo and going to monthlies at the Trilogy and whatever club on whatever night... It just wouldn't be interesting. That's kind of how I feel now. Life is just... life?
In my time away, a few things have happened.
1. I finished up my work contract at the public school in District 4. I would LOVE to write some stories about this but my boss is friends with me on Facebook :) (My contract ended not a day too soon. It was making me very mean. The last week I was banging big pieces of wood on the desks to make the kids shut up, something I swore I would never do!)
2. I started teaching adult learners at my language center! So nice to teach people who don't want to chew on my elbows or wipe snot on my dress.
3. I booked a trip to the United States on July 23rd. I will be in New York and Philadelphia area for around 3 weeks, and then I am going to Oregon! I am treating the trip like a vacation and I'm going to be a tourist. It is going to be so much fun.
4. I have become obsessed with my dream of infecting Vietnam with hoop-fever. This is the real reason, probably, that I haven't been writing. I have created a hoop Instagram and have been working embarrassingly hard on making it grow. I bought 10 hoops from the USA to start teaching my hoop class, Waist Time on my roof. I have had so much interest that I have ordered about 50 pounds of tubing from a supplier so I can begin making and selling hoops.
5. I had clothing custom-made for me for the first time. Feels good man.
No comments:
Post a Comment