Maybe it's because the holidays are steadily approaching, or because my life is settling into a routine but I have been homesick in the past week.
Back when I had my apartment in West Philly, and I was planning to come here, I wrote myself a note in my journal. I was super depressed and I hadn't left the house that day. I don't even remember why. It says "You are capable of being miserable and feeling alone no matter where you are. You might as well feel that way in a foreign country." It's true, and it's helped me.
On the bright side:
1. I was smoking a pack of cigarettes a day, and now I'm not anymore.
2. I found a hooping spot! I have been improving a lot. Now I just need to figure out how to get my hoops shipped here.
3. I am getting more comfortable teaching! I had a class last night that I was actually really happy with and I only planned for about 40 minutes, probably 20 minutes if I account for goofing around playing on AddictingGames.com
4. I booked a flight to Bali for Tet.
5. I went to my first Teacher's Day event through VUS. It was held in this crazy convention center and it was way more opulent than I expected. Everyone was pretty dressed up. They had a pretty extensive buffet and free-flow wine and a bunch of little performances onstage by teachers and assistants at different VUS campuses. 10/10 would attend again.
No comments:
Post a Comment