Right now, I live in what is essentially a dorm room with a bathroom en suite. I don't have a kitchen, or a washer and dryer. I don't have any roommates. This apartment is "serviced" which means I have a maid. If you're thinking about getting a serviced apartment, maybe take this into account:
I wish I didn't have a maid.
I have asked my landlord to have her skip my room, but she still comes.
My Grievances Thusfar:
1. She is paid to do my laundry, as I have no place to do it. She refuses to wash my underwear. I have asked other people with serviced apartments, they agree this is very strange. So, I have to wash all of my underwear by hand. COOL. As a result, my bathroom is always decorated in drip-drying panties like some kind of pervert hideout.
2. She comes to clean my apartment twice a week. At 8:30 AM! No matter how much I tell her to go away, she will not leave me alone until I let her in my room. She has knocked for 20 straight minutes before when I have been trying to sleep in. She speaks zero English, and I speak zero Vietnamese, so it is usually a bunch of wild gesticulating while I'm miserably hungover and wrapped in a towel.
3. She floods my bathroom. Regularly. I come back home and the whole floor will be wet and the spouts will be dripping. Rad.
4. She moves my stuff. Like stuff that shouldn't be moved. I have tons of worksheets and papers for my classes on my desk. They're constantly just... someplace else. Or when I couldn't find my hot water teapot thing, I eventually looked in the fridge and there it was! Because why not?!
As of yet, nothing seems to be missing, so there's that. Thankfully, my lease is up next month and I'm finding a new place to live that has a washer (that is capable of washing underwear) and roommates and maybe even a kitchen.
Leave mousetraps set for her to find.....
ReplyDelete