My flight is in 13 days, and I am pretty much done packing.
(I had to pack extra early because my mom is picking up the stuff I am putting in storage this weekend.)
I am a tall chunky-ish chick moving to a country of petite women so I have packed as if I cannot buy clothes for the next year. This means I have mostly packed clothes, not cooking stuff, no backup shampoo and soap, none of my craft materials. Also, about 60% of my stateside wardrobe is neon, furry, shiny, hippie, trippy, or skanky. I decided not to bring much of that with me under the assumption that I will not be attending music festivals or burner parties on the reg anymore. As a result, my luggage is a depressing collection of neutrals made for mixing and matching.
My hula hoops presented a challenge. Hooping is my favorite thing in the world and I have become very picky about what kinds of plastics I will use, what size hoops I'll use, and I have invested about a month's worth of rent into a wicked fancy LED hula hoop called the Hyperion. Since the hoops are a specialty item, they are probably not available for purchase in Vietnam and I have to bring all the hoops I'll want with me. I wish I could bring all of my hoops, but they are extremely bulky when coiled down and lovingly swaddled in bubble wrap. I decided to bring 5 total, including my Hyperion.
With that in mind, here is my master list:
Checked Bags (1 large wheeled suitcase, 1 large hiking backpack):
- Clothes
- 3 dress pants
- 3 work dresses
- 8 work blouses
- silver work flats
- silver work sandals
- 1 black cardigan
- 4 pairs of long jeans (1 wide flare, 1 dark tight jeggings, 1 black skinny, 1 light boot cut)
- tons of bras and underwear
- running/yoga clothes
- 5 pairs running shorts
- 3 pairs yoga leggings
- 3 sweat-tek shirts
- 5 sports bras
- harem pants (2 pairs)
- blue clubby dress
- street-wear shorts (3 pairs)
- 2 pairs sweatpants
- Ankle height minnetonkas (2x)
- High Minnetonka fringe boots
- Calvin Klein Hi-top sneaks
- 1 pair silver flippy floppies
- socks. tons and tons of socks.
- headbands
- tank tops (8x)
- 2 sundresses
- lots of booty shorts for under all the dresses
- shawl/dress thing
- blackmilk leggings (2x)
- tie dye festival dress
- 5 pairs of sunglasses
- red bug honeycomb glasses
- white willy wonka glasses
- polka dot rave backpack
- clubby black purse clutch thing
- bathing suits (3 pairs)
- Yoga Mat & strap
- HULA HOOPS:
- Hyperion hoop plus remote, cord, charger, batteries
- neon green 32” polypro
- translucent blue 32” polypro
- orange 32” polypro
- copper 28" polypro
- fire hoop quick wicks (these are used, I hope they don't get confiscated!)
- Sheets and pillow case set
- Towels (2)
- giant batik tapestry
- Ukulele & tuner in carrying case
- UE Boom & Charger
- REDACTED
- Toiletries
- silk rops
- razors
- shampoo & conditioner
- nail clippers
- lotion
- Clarisonic & charger
- pads n tampons and all that
- perfume
- backups of my eyeliner, concealer, and mascara
- Mehron silver and gold sweatproof body paint
- Bug Spray
- bedazzled flask
- note pad
- pens
- tripod
- converters (3x)
- blow dryer
- straightener
- ENO hammock
Carry-On (rolly bag, Jansport medium backpack):
- passport
- Cash
- plane ticket confirmation
- BoA Card
- photocopies of BoA Card and Passport
- journal
- Required CELTA reading
- Visa on Arrival paperwork & copies
- toothpaste & toothbrush
- Wipes
- Laptop & Charger
- Phone & Charger
- Kindle & Charger
- digital camera & accessories
- Brick phone charge storage (large and small)
- earbuds
- pens
- TEVAs (heavy duty sandals)
- plain black pants
- 2 work blouses
- trail running shoes
- T-shirt
- jean shorts
- travel pillow
- sleeping mask
- my lucky sarongs
- rain boots (because rainy season)
- Snacks
- sectional hula hoop (30" polypro)
- umbrella
No comments:
Post a Comment